Blackwater Station : 1899 Version 2
Dirk Clemens has released a 1899 variant which I had
incorporated into my release of the 1899 gamekit. I have updated the
gamekit components and map to reflect the changes and have called the new
release Version 2.
The components (Shares, Private Company certificates and Trains)
have been slightly redesigned, the Map updated and Stock Market Table
changed to reflect my latest style as well. Some of the tile numbers have
changed to avoid confusion over duplicate numbers between 1899 and
The Version 2 changes are as follows.
- The VPR and BMP Private Companies have been 'swopped'.
- Four new tiles, #981 to #984, have been introduced.
- The Tt home base now has an upgrade path.
- Hex D6 upgrades have been expanded.
- OO tile upgrades have been expanded.
- Tiles #91 to #99 are now called #991 to #999.
- A Tile Upgrade Chart and Start Packet layout are also included.
How to obtain the Version 2 upgrade
If you own a Version 1 release of 1899 (with serial number 210 or
below, i.e. if it was obtained in 1996 or 1997) then the upgrade is
available FREE. I will include the Version 1 to Version 2 upgrade
with your next order. Please note that all 1899 gamekits are no
The upgrade package consists of the following.
The components are printed on the usual 160 gram card, all that's required
are for the tiles and certificates to be cut out.
- New set of 7 Green tiles, 981, 982 and 991 to 995.
- New set of 7 Brown tiles, 983, 984 and 996 to 999.
- New set of 6 Private Company Certificates.
- Tile Upgrade Chart.
- Start Packet layout.
- Rulesheet for Version 2.
The Stock Market Board was also updated with Version 2 but is not part of the
Return to [ 1899 |
the Survey |
the Platform ]
This page is maintained by
Chris Lawson (email@example.com)
Last Updated 30th July 2000